Below are requirements related to contractors interested in working on a NFC project.
- You must obtain a permit from the City Permit Department for any work that requires a permit.
- The completed work must be inspected and passed by the appropriate city inspector. NFC will not pay out until we have confirmed the work has passed inspection.
- NFC will require, when applicable, that bids meet the EPA guidelines for Lead Safe renovations.
- The homeowner must complete and return the Release and Waiver of Lien form. Note: all bills should be presented to the homeowner(s).
- If you have hired sub-contractors, NFC will need signed lien waivers from your sub-contractors before the final payout.
- Prior to receiving your first check from NFC, you will be required to supply your taxpayer I.D. number and complete a W-9 form.
- Requests for payout and inspections must be to NFC by noon on Mondays and Thursdays for payment on Tuesday or Friday.
- NFC does not reimburse homeowners for work done on their property prior to them closing on their NFC loan, i.e., the NFC loan program finances those improvements done after the loan is closed.