A $15,000 grant may be available to help you buy a home.
Neighborhood Finance Corporation (NFC) is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks®America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
NOTE: We are sorry. All appointments for the Launch Event have been reserved!
HOWEVER! Walk-ins will be accepted!
We encourage walk-ins to arrive on Friday morning, September 28, and bring the required documents
listed below under "Required Documents for All Attendees." Thank you!
Des Moines-Polk County
Friday, September 28, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 29, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Iowa Events Center
Hy-Vee Hall, Hall B
Des Moines, IA 50309
How To Register
Registrations on the Wells Fargo LIFT Web Page for the Des Moines-Polk County NeighborhoodLIFT Launch Event are now CLOSED. Walk-ins are welcome, but only registered customers are assured of meeting with a professional to determine eligibility for a NeighborhoodLIFT reservation of $15,000 ($17,500 if you qualify for the First Responder, Military & Teacher benefit).
Admission is free. Free parking.
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($17,500 for veterans and service members, teachers and paraprofessional educators, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians - Click here for FRMT information)
- Provides homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership.
Register here for homebuyer education classes.
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in Des Moines-Polk County. Income limits are higher for military service members, veterans, law enforcement officers, Pre-K-12thgrade teachers, paraprofessionals, firefighters and emergency medical technicians.
View Income Limits
View First Responder, Military & Teacher Benefit Information
- Properties qualified for the program must be:
- Located in Polk County
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2-4 unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
NOTE: No closings may take place before October 30, 2018.
At the Launch Event You Can:
- Meet with a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant to qualify for a first mortgage if you choose.
- Bring a pre-approval letter from any lender, although to receive NeighborhoodLIFT funds you must be approved by a lender on the approved lender list prior to closing.
- Find out if you are eligible for $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($17,500 if you qualify for the First Responder, Military & Teacher benefit).
- Sign up for education programs that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership.
Required Documents for All Attendees:
ALL attendees, those who want to seek pre-approval from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, those who bring a pre-approval from an approved lender and those who bring a pre-approval from other lenders, must bring the following documents for each borrower:
- Gross income amount for borrowers, including primary, second and part-time jobs, as well as overtime, bonuses and commissions
- 60 days’ pay stubs with year-to-date information for all jobs
- Proof of any and all other income received, such as Social Security Award letter, retirement and/or pension income, unemployment income, death or disability payments, divorce/court decree for alimony and/or child support, etc.
- Federal tax returns for the past two years (1040s)
- W-2s for the past two years
- Recent two (2) months of personal bank statements; self-employed applicants should also bring recent two (2) months of business bank statements
- Current Profit and Loss Statement for self-employed individuals
Note: If you have a fully executed sale agreement on a home, please bring it with you.
If you plan to meet with a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant to seek pre-approval for a mortgage, you should bring these documents.
NOTE: The documents required for determining NeighborhoodLIFT eligibility and for qualifying for a
Wells Fargo pre-approval are NOT the same. Please be sure to review both lists.
Not able to attend the launch event on September 28-29? Check back here to see if funds are still available after the event. Contact NFC for questions about NeighborhoodLIFT at email@example.com.
If you have additional questions, visit our FAQ page.