Neighborhood Finance Corporation (NFC) is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
ALL NEIGHBORHOODLIFT DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE FUNDS WERE RESERVED AT THE SEPTEMBER 28-29 EVENT AND ADDITIONAL FUNDS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($17,500 for veterans and service members, teachers, paraprofessionals, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians)
- Provides homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in Des Moines-Polk County. View Income Limits View First Responder, Military & Teacher Benefit Information Here
- Available through an approved lender.
- Properties qualified for the program must be:
1. Located in Polk County.
2. The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
3. A single-family home (attached or detached), 2-4 unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
NOTE: CLOSINGS MAY TAKE PLACE A MINIMUM OF 21 DAYS AFTER ATTENDING YOUR ELIGIBILITY APPOINTMENT WITH NEIGHBORHOOD FINANCE CORPORATION. IF YOU ARE SIGNING A PURCHASE AGEEMENT PLEASE CONSULT THE ONLINE CALENDAR FOR AVAILABILITY PRIOR TO SETTING YOUR CLOSING DATE. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR REALTOR REGARDING THIS EXPECTATION/TIMELINE.