Neighborhood Finance Corporation (NFC) is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($17,500 for veterans and service members, teachers, paraprofessionals, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians)
- Provides homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in Des Moines-Polk County. View Income Limits View First Responder, Military & Teacher Benefit Information Here
- Available through an approved lender.
- Properties qualified for the program must be:
1. Located in Polk County.
2. The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
3. A single-family home (attached or detached), 2-4 unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
NOTE: CLOSINGS MAY TAKE PLACE A MINIMUM OF 21 DAYS AFTER ATTENDING YOUR ELIGIBILITY APPOINTMENT WITH NEIGHBORHOOD FINANCE CORPORATION. IF YOU ARE SIGNING A PURCHASE AGEEMENT PLEASE CONSULT THE ONLINE CALENDAR FOR AVAILABILITY PRIOR TO SETTING YOUR CLOSING DATE. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR REALTOR REGARDING THIS EXPECTATION/TIMELINE.
All NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance funds were reserved at the September 28-29 event and are currently NOT available. Check back starting December 4, 2018 to see if funds are available.
If you attended the NeighborhoodLIFT event or have a reservation for the NeighborhoodLIFT program, take the quiz below and find out if you are eligible to make an eligibility appointment with Neighborhood Finance Corporation.ELIGIBILITY QUIZ
If you make a new eligibility appointment after already scheduling one, you must immediately notify NFC at LIFT@neighborhoodfinance.org which appointment we should cancel. If you do not send an email, we will assume any additional appointments were made in error and cancel the new appointment. This process is in place to make sure appointments are available for all NeighborhoodLIFT customers. Thank you.