West Des Moines
This program is made possible through partnerships with the City of West Des Moines, Polk County, Des Moines area financial institutions and neighborhood associations. Together we are improving West Des Moines neighborhoods.
Lending in the Commerce, Fairmeadows and Valley Junction neighborhoods of West Des Moines will begin August 1, 2016.
No other home loan or mortgage product offers the types of loans offered by NFC -- that is the NFC Advantage . If you’re looking to purchase a home, refinance an existing home while making needed repairs to that home, or apply for a home improvement loan, then NFC has a product for you.
All NFC loans must be in an NFC lending area.
Eligible home repairs include but are not limited to the following:
- Update of aged or unsafe heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems
- Roof repair or replacement
- Foundation repair
- Exterior siding repair or replacement and paint
- Window and door repair or replacement (if in poor condition repair or for energy efficiency)
- New garage, garage repair or replacement (maximum 2 car garage, 24' X 24')
- Energy efficiency (insulation, windows, mechanical upgrades)
- Access/architectural barrier removal and wheelchair or mobility assistive device
- Sidewalk and driveway repair or replacement
- Interior repairs and updates
- Functional landscaping (grading and retaining walls for water and erosion control, significant tree removal or trimming)
Our program is intended to improve neighborhoods and increase owner occupied home ownership; therefore, you must occupy the property.