Please note, there are areas that are part of a limited time offering through NFC, i.e. Windsor Heights or selected neighborhoods in West Des Moines. These properties will not appear in the map from this site as part of the NFC lending area. The mapping on this site is solely for the neighborhoods within Des Moines that are part of the lending area as directed by the City of Des Moines. Please contact NFC with any questions.
Please enter your information to locate a NFC location near you.
Please click this neighborhood association link to get more details about what goes on in the neighborhood of your property search.
Enter the address in the box above. If the property is in the Green, Orange or Purple area it is, most likely, in a NFC lending area. If the property is on the border, please contact NFC for confirmation.
Orange Lending Areas: Typically, unlimited access to NFC lending services. Rehabilitation plans must first address repairs included in the green service areas and then reasonable requests for discretionary improvements may be accepted.
Purple Lending Areas: Rehabilitation plans must first address repairs included in the green service areas and then reasonable requests for discretionary improvements may be accepted.
- There is $1.5 million available through December 2015 in the Meredith, Watrous South, Waveland Woods & Westwood neighborhoods. NFC will evaluate the continuation of the program for 2016. There is no such limit in the orange and green lending areas.
- Purchase and Refinance loans will be limited to households below 80% of the area median income. There are no income limits for home improvement loans.
- Only in the purple lending areas, the assessed value of the property must be less than or equal to $200,000 for purchase, refinance and home improvement loans.
- A portion of the Watrous South neighborhood includes a green lending area. In the Westwood neighborhood the area eligible is from the west side of 56th Street to the western neighborhood boundary.
Green Lending Areas: NFC will focus on properties with eligible repairs and projects as determined by NFC. Qualifying green service area repairs include, but are not limited to:
- Update of aged or unsafe heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems
- Roof repair or replacement
- Foundation repair
- Exterior siding repair or replacement and paint
- Window and door repair or replacement (if in poor condition repair or for energy efficiency)
- New garage, garage repair or replacement (maximum 2 car garage, 24' X 24')
- Energy efficiency (insulation, windows, mechanical upgrades)
- Access/architectural barrier removal and wheelchair or mobility assistive device
- Sidewalk and driveway repair or replacement
- Functional landscaping (grading and retaining walls for water and erosion control, significant tree removal or trimming)