NEW! NFC Expanding Partnership with the City of Windsor Heights
NFC Purchase and Home Renovation Loans (in designated lending area)
We are now offering all of NFC’s Advantage purchase and home renovation loans in an area of Windsor Heights.The NFC Advantage loan offers up to $10,000 in forgivable home improvement loans when combined with a NFC purchase or home improvement loan. The lending area will include the streets between 63rdand 73rd to the east and west and between University Avenue and Center Street to the north and south. A small portion north of University, between 64thand 63rd streets will also be included in this new lending area. Learn more about our purchase and renovation loans here.
Visit our Lending Map page to see if your current home or the home you are looking to purchase is in our lending area. Please enter the street address, city and zip code of the home where indicated.
Save Our Sewer Program (available in all of Windsor Heights)
NFC will continue to partner with Polk County and the Windsor Heights-Urbandale Sanitary Sewer District to provide a financing option for Windsor Heights residents who need to replace or repair their sewer line as part of the Save Our Sewers (S.O.S.) Program. The SOS Loan program is offered city-wide to residents. The loans are up to 50 percent forgivable, depending on property owners’ income levels. For additional information on the S.O.S. Program, please visit the Windsor Heights web site (leaving NFC web site) or complete an application.
- A forgivable loan up to $10,000 for sewer repair/replacement is available to be used with NFC repayable financing. The portion of the project that will be forgiven will be 25%, 33% or 50%, up to $10,000, depending on the household income
- Bids for sewer repair or replacement to be obtained by home owner
- All plumbers must be approved by the City of Windsor Heights to do repair/replacements within Windsor Heights
- The forgivable renovation funds are five year forgivable mortgages with 20% forgiven each year of owner-occupancy. You must occupy the home for five years to receive the full forgiveness
- Homeowner must maintain 5% equity in the property
- Competitive Fixed Interest Rate
- Property repairs and improvements cannot be completed prior to closing on the NFC loan. NFC will not reimburse for work completed prior to the NFC loan closing.
Please contact one of our loan originators for complete details.
- Becky Koulavongsa, Loan Originator NMLS# 1432080, 515-273-1378 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chase Van Zee, Loan Originator, NMLS# 1009283, 515-273-1370 | email@example.com
- Richard Cook, Loan Originator NMLS# 400117, 515-273-1368 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Our program is intended to improve neighborhoods and increase owner occupied home ownership; therefore, you must occupy the property. Borrowers should have owned the home for 1-year before receiving NFC financing. This may be waived if there are emergency repairs that need to be made during the first year.