Lending Area Descriptions
Lending Areas Map 2016
Orange Lending Areas: Typically, unlimited access to NFC lending services. Rehabilitation plans must first address repairs included in the green service areas and then reasonable requests for discretionary improvements may be accepted.
Purple Lending Areas: Rehabilitation plans must first address repairs included in the green service areas and then reasonable requests for discretionary improvements may be accepted.
- Lending is only guaranteed through 2017. There is no such limit in the green lending areas.
- Purchase and Refinance loans will be limited to households below 80% of the area median income. There are no income limits for home improvement loans.
- Only in the purple lending areas, the assessed value of the property must be less than or equal to $200,000 for purchase, refinance and home improvement loans.
- A portion of the Watrous South neighborhood includes a green lending area. In the Westwood neighborhood the area eligible is from the west side of 56th Street to the western neighborhood boundary.
Blue Lending Areas: These areas are eligible for NFC Lending through March 1, 2017. NFC will focus on properties with eligible repairs and projects as determined by NFC. The qualifying blue service area repairs are the same as in the Green Lending Areas.
Green Lending Areas: NFC will focus on properties with eligible repairs and projects as determined by NFC. Qualifying green service area repairs include, but are not limited to:
- Update of aged or unsafe heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems
- Roof repair or replacement
- Foundation repair
- Exterior siding repair or replacement and paint
- Window and door repair or replacement (if in poor condition repair or for energy efficiency)
- New garage, garage repair or replacement (maximum 2 car garage, 24' X 24')
- Energy efficiency (insulation, windows, mechanical upgrades)
- Access/architectural barrier removal and wheelchair or mobility assistive device
- Sidewalk and driveway repair or replacement
- Functional landscaping (grading and retaining walls for water and erosion control, significant tree removal or trimming)
Yellow Lending Areas: NFC will start lending in the Commerce, Fairmeadows and Valley Junction neighborhoods of West Des Moines on August 1, 2016. The lending guidelines are the same as the Green Lending Areas. NFC lending is available as long as forgivable loan funds for West Des Moines are available.