Lending Area Descriptions
Lending Areas Map 2018
NFC anticipates updates to our lending areas before the end of 2018, but at this time we do not have an exact date. Please check back for updates and follow NFC on Facebook.
Orange Lending Areas: Typically, unlimited access to NFC lending services. Rehabilitation plans must first address repairs included in the green service areas and then reasonable requests for discretionary improvements may be accepted.
Purple Lending Areas: Rehabilitation plans must first address repairs included in the green service areas and then reasonable requests for discretionary improvements may be accepted.
- Purchase and Refinance loans will be limited to households below 80% of the area median income. There are no income limits for home improvement loans.
- Only in the purple lending areas, the assessed value of the property must be less than or equal to $200,000 for purchase, refinance and home improvement loans.
- A portion of the Watrous South neighborhood includes a green lending area. In the Westwood neighborhood the area eligible is from the west side of 56th Street to the western neighborhood boundary.
Green Lending Areas: NFC will focus on properties with eligible repairs and projects as determined by NFC. Qualifying green service area repairs include, but are not limited to:
- Update of aged or unsafe heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems
- Roof repair or replacement
- Foundation repair
- Exterior siding repair or replacement and paint
- Window and door repair or replacement (if in poor condition repair or for energy efficiency)
- New garage, garage repair or replacement (maximum 2 car garage, 24' X 24')
- Energy efficiency (insulation, windows, mechanical upgrades)
- Access/architectural barrier removal and wheelchair or mobility assistive device
- Sidewalk and driveway repair or replacement
- Functional landscaping (grading and retaining walls for water and erosion control, significant tree removal or trimming)
Yellow Lending Areas: NFC provides lending in the Commerce, Fairmeadows and Valley Junction neighborhoods of West Des Moines. The lending guidelines are the same as the Green Lending Areas. NFC lending is available as long as forgivable loan funds for West Des Moines are available.