No other home loan or mortgage product offers the types of loans offered by NFC -- that is the NFC Advantage. If you’re looking to purchase a home, than NFC has a product for you.
All NFC loans must be in an NFC lending area.
- A forgivable loan up to $10,000 for home improvements is available. NFC financing must be used to purchase your home to receive up to $10,000 for home improvements. Homebuyers may also be able to borrower funds for renovations that exceed $10,000.
- Maximum 1st mortgage loan amount $180,000 (up to 80% loan to value)
- Maximum 2nd mortgage loan amount $45,000 (up to 15% loan to value) at 2% interest for 10 years
- Possible closing cost assistance of up to $2,000 or $2,500 available in most lending areas
(Determination of whether or not closing cost assistance is received and if so, the amount, cannot be made until after a complete application and supporting documentation has been reviewed by NFC.)
- The forgivable renovation and closing cost funds are five year forgivable mortgages with 20% forgiven each year of owner-occupancy. You must occupy the home for five years to receive the full forgiveness.
- 5% down payment; 3% must be the borrower's own funds
- Examples of eligible renovation items can be found on the NFC Loan Programs page
- No private mortgage insurance
- Competitive Fixed Interest Rate
- NFC offers up to a $20,000 forgivable loan for homebuyers financing their loan through NFC and downsizing a multi-family property to a single-family property. The subsidy is a loan forgiven over 10 years at 10% a year.