Lending Area Descriptions
Lending Area Map
In NFC's Lending Areas the following guidelines are in place regarding renovation plans. Please see the information below for specific information on each Lending Area. Renovation plans must first address repairs and then discretionary improvements may be included.
Typical renovations through NFC lending include, but are not limited to:
- Update of aged or unsafe heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems
- Roof repair or replacement
- Foundation repair or replacement
- Exterior siding repair or replacement and paint
- Window and door repair or replacement (if in poor condition repair or for energy efficiency)
- New garage, garage repair or replacement. A new garage will generally be a maximum of a 2 car garage that is 24' X 24' unless an exception is provided
- Energy efficiency (insulation, windows, mechanical upgrades)
- Access/architectural barrier removal and wheelchair or mobility assistive device
- Sidewalk and driveway repair or replacement
- Functional landscaping (grading and retaining walls for water and erosion control, significant tree removal or trimming)
- Other improvements and updates to improve the condition and livability of the home (i.e. additions, kitchen and bath renovations, new flooring, paint, etc.).
Green Lending Areas: NFC provides lending in specific areas of Des Moines. The areas outlined in dark green are also Invest DSM neighborhoods. Click here information on how NFC Advantage Lending and Invest DSM Programs or visit the Invest DSM website for additional information.
Dark Blue Lending Areas: New in 2021! NFC provides lending in specific areas of Urbandale.
Yellow Lending Areas: NFC provides lending in specific areas of West Des Moines. The Commerce, Fairmeadows and Valley Junction neighborhoods are included.
Light Blue Lending Areas: NFC provides lending in Windsor Heights. NFC Lending in the fully shaded Windsor Heights NFC Lending Area is the as described above.